Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt carrier questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

Default 12 bolt carrier questions?

Does anyone know what year eaton bought out detroit? I have an older very low mile true trac,prob made in 04-05. Hoping it will stand up to 650-700rwhp with a six speed. Other choices? eaton posi? or wave-trac? Dont really want to buy the new axles to go with the wave-trac (already have 33 spline) dont really want a spool or locker either. I have rode in an f body with a locker and it sounds like ****. Anyone made the switch to the wave trac and how much did cost, not as an upgrade when buying a new rear,but upgrading your existing set up?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

Anyone?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you when my FIRST Tru Trac went, it came from Tractech Inc. I have the original tag still lol. I got the rear in 2004/2005. I dusted the diff in 2007 with my M6 T/A due to a wheel hop issue.

I got a 2nd one due to the same issue of having to change axles and at that time Eaton had apparently made some changes.

Long story short this one died too and has the same issue. WHen emailing with a Eaton rep, I answered all questions and never got a response back as the diff is JUNK and they KNOW IT.

Do yourself a favor, put a spool in it. Mine has been acting like a spool (locked) so believe me its no different then driving it now. Wavetrac is serious $$$ investment, I do not care how long the warrentee is, you still need to do the labor to remove and install and that is expensive too if you do not do your own work!