Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" what needs replaced when pulling axels.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9" what needs replaced when pulling axels.

Next week I am going to pulling the axles and third member to RTV so it doesn't leak anymore. Are these the only things I will need for the axles.

Bearing: 88128-R
Inside Seal: 15142

Also, this is the first time I will be taking this apart. Does anyone have any tips on disassembling the rear end or maybe some instructions anywhere?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is it leaking at the wheels, at the third member, or both? If just the wheels, you don't have to touch the 3rd member.

If you are replacing the bearings, you'll have to take to a shop to have the old ones pressed off and the new ones pressed on (be sure you have your backing plates and reluctor rings).

How to: Pull wheels, pull brakes and hang calipers, remove parking brake ring, unbolt 4 backing plate bolts, remove axle with slide hammer, remove seals. Repeat on other side. If needed, remove center section (torque arm and driveshaft come off first), clean seal surfaces, wipe with solvent. Apply RTV sealant on mating surfaces and reinstall (don't use gasket). Replace axle seals, reinstall axles. That's it in a nutshell.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

The passenger side is leaking and it's leaking at the third member. The third member has leaked almost from day one with the gasket. It's not much but it's enough to get it oily and allow dirt and road grime to stick to it. After I got mine installed I read other people had problems with there 9" leaking with just the gasket.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

https://www.brutespeed.com/moser_ins...structions.htm

I have installation instructions at the above link. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website