Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9in sounds like death

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9in sounds like death

Ok I need some help. this is what i have(Almost new Moser 9in. rear-end with Back brace,35 spline axles,5/8in. studs,Strange Nodular iron Center section,Steel spool,3.00 gear, billet pinion support.Also has bracket for Torque arm,a drain plug and a fill cap.) I had 4;11 gears put in. I have been having noise come from the rear end for the last 100 miles but it didnt sound to bad but know it sounds like the rear end is going to blow up. its making a lot of noise and vibrating like crazy now, Any ideas???
Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd jack up the back of the car and put jack stands under the rear end. Get under there and take a good look at the torque arm and the torque arm mount and see if it is rubbing on the floor of the car. It may be as simple as the torque arm bracket hitting the floor, in this case just take a pry bar and wedge it in there and pry the sheetmetal over a little. I'd also run the car in gear and see if you can detect where the noise and vibrations are coming from. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website