Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Wavetrac

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post Wavetrac

I am still looking for a rear end for my T/A and looks like i will be going the 9" route.
I looked into locker but i do not want the noise so i came across a new diff called "wavetrac" and it seems pretty intresting started in EURO cars and now we can get them in out 9" rear ends.
I did some reading about it (http://www.wavetrac.net/technical.htm) but i am still unsure how it will act, i am looking for a locker style diff with out the noice, will this wavetrac work like a locker? Seems like it is great for cars that will be used for something other than going straight and can handle a high horsepower load.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the Wavetrac diff is the best thing going for a 9 inch diff unit in 35 spline. the biggest issue with diff units is if you really need 35 spline axles. 31 spline axles are plenty to carry most of the f-body cars into the 9 second range and offer many more diff unit choices.

The Wavetrac diff is a all mechanical unit and does not make noise, feels just like the stock 10 bolt posi. it is lifetime warrantied and currently is only available in 35 spline. only real drawback of the Wavetrac is the initial cost, but sometimes is well worth it, depending on the application.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

from what i hear, its basically a road race diff thats as strong as a locker. im only aware of one that has broke so far and he was making 940rwhp with a 3800ish lbs car. they are redesigning it to make it even stronger
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

https://www.brutespeed.com/rear_end_information.htm
Information on the Wavetrac can be found here.

https://www.brutespeed.com/moser_ins...structions.htm
Moser 9 inch installation instructions

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...h-Wavetrac.htm
Shipped price for Moser 9 inch with the Wavetrac

Rears are shipped just two days after the order is received.
Let me know if you have any questions. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have many options out there to help you build the housing you desire. We are not limited to just one manufactures items. So with that being said give us a call or PM me and we can discuss multiple options to suit you need. As we feel spending this kind of money you should not be limited to just certain items.

That is why we build our housing packages in house and are direct with most major manufactures to get you the best item to make your spending experience the best possible. We can put 100's of different combination's together. With that you also have our experience from us out racing the product we build every weekend we can.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have info about the upcoming "stronger" WAVETRAC? I read about the one that broke on here and I believe I read that he sent the broken unit back to them and they really are making revisions to it's weak points that broke! Any info from true sources would be appreciated!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6sleeper
Does anyone have info about the upcoming "stronger" WAVETRAC? I read about the one that broke on here and I believe I read that he sent the broken unit back to them and they really are making revisions to it's weak points that broke! Any info from true sources would be appreciated!!!
We broke one last year in a 1000 hp GTO at the old Exotic shop, and a guy from Wavetrac gave me a call about it after it was sent back to him. Wavetrac has an unlimited warranty on their units, and they stand behind them. They have already made revisions to these differentials, and if someone with 1500 hp brakes one, they'll probably be making more revisions. Oh, and when you order a Moser rear, the rear gets shipped out just two days after you place the order, not two to three months like some other vendors...... Bob

Old 11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome, I'm definitely going with this differential and It's great that really are making it stronger!

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6sleeper
Awesome, I'm definitely going with this differential and It's great that really are making it stronger!

Thanks for the clarification!
You're welcome! Bob

Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

I love my wavetrac! Cant even tell its back there!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It is true our product does take a little longer than some to ship out. That is souly do to the fact that we can put many different options together, which is key when purchasing a high ticket item such as a fabricated rear end.

Give me a call an compare prices and I am sure we can get you everything you need at a great price. The true fabricated rearend housing features components such as a drain plug, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, stock style anti-sway bar mounts, brake line clips, hose mounts and e-brake cable brackets(98-02) all as standard equipment at no extra charge.

The chrome-moly double adjustable torque arm is included with the package and is exclusive to this housing. Short(tunnel mounted) and long(trans xmember mounted) versions available. Both are the same cost, the short arm cross members come's with a driveshaft loop installed(available with dual exhaust), the long arm comes with a new trans crossmember, but no loop. We do have a tunnel form-fitting driveshaft loop available for the long arms or any other configuration. It is profiled to the floor pan and does not interfere with exhaust or ground clearance.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish the Wavtrac could be combined with the S60 rear. That would be a bullet proof package.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry but i am not sure if one of my questions was answered.

Does it lock up for launching? Does it ever lock?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Sorry but i am not sure if one of my questions was answered.

Does it lock up for launching? Does it ever lock?
Link to explaining the function of the Wavetrac.

http://www.wavetrac.net/technical.htm
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe I'm the only one, but I got a moser 9 in with wavetrac about a year ago and its one noisy beeotch...could it be the gears maybe idk.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zank28
Maybe I'm the only one, but I got a moser 9 in with wavetrac about a year ago and its one noisy beeotch...could it be the gears maybe idk.
What brand of gears do you have and what type of center section?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by zank28
It is probably not the Wavetrac differential, the ones I have used were completely quiet. I would have to say it is the ring and pinion. Bob