Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt search??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt search??

hey guys,

i have an 00z28 m6 and lookin to upgrade the rear end. right now the car is stock wit a borla exhaust but in the winter i plan on doin a full bolt ons plus some other stuff and hopin to hit btw 350-400 hp, now i keep reading its not even worth just upgradin my 10 bolt and that it can break wit just a stock car. basically i wanna buy a new rear end without spendin 3k(college student) i was wondering if there was any chevy cars taht came wit the 12 bolt that i could maybe pick up from a junkyard and convert to my z? so is this possible or does anyone know what cars would come with one? THANKS!!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately there are no other cars with an interchangeable rear end. The economical approach would be to buy a used rear from someone that has up-graded to an aftermarket set-up but buy it with caution as You would with any used performance part.

It does not have to cost 3K to up-grade to a new Strange S-60, it can be done in the low to mid 2K. Then at a later date You can add an aftermarket torque arm, track locator and lower control arms which will put You in the 3K range.

Hope this helps.
Carl
Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by z28oc91
hey guys,

i have an 00z28 m6 and lookin to upgrade the rear end. right now the car is stock wit a borla exhaust but in the winter i plan on doin a full bolt ons plus some other stuff and hopin to hit btw 350-400 hp, now i keep reading its not even worth just upgradin my 10 bolt and that it can break wit just a stock car. basically i wanna buy a new rear end without spendin 3k(college student) i was wondering if there was any chevy cars taht came wit the 12 bolt that i could maybe pick up from a junkyard and convert to my z? so is this possible or does anyone know what cars would come with one? THANKS!!
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...-and-Axles.htm

You can go with the above Moser 9 inch housing and axle package that I have that is only $1050.00 shipped, then add a junkyard center section for now. The nine inch center sections are very easy to swap out, so down the road you can easily upgrade it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website