Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what is best 12bolt to get and easyest ot put in

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what is best 12bolt to get and easyest ot put in

ok like title says in need of one since 10 bolt blew up, wanting 4:10 in the 12bolt and what other opitions do i need? and whats a good after market drive shaft? thanks
Eddie
Old 02-05-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the most direct bolt in, the Strange is easiest to install. You have to make a few desicions based on what you need from the rearend, and how you car is setup.
1. Do you want to keep your ABS? (I ditched mine)
2. Do you have traction control, and if so do you want to keep it?
3. Do you want to run a spool? (not to practical for a daily driver)
4 Do you want to add a TA or similar rearend cover?
5. Do you want the strongest axles available (recommend 33 spline)
6. Do you want extended studs (highly recommend)
With the exception of the spool, all the other things listed cost extra. How much do you want to spend?

Talk to one of the sponsors----->
They can help you pick the 12 bolt that will work best in your car. By the way I run a Moser 12, 4.11 gears, spool, 33 spline axles. Its bullet proof.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

may i tell you if that is your car in your sig. that looks ******* AWESOME...I want a 12 very bad because I know I can f@@# this 10 bolt up in one run if I wanted to. I want something bullet proof as well. I have a M6 SS and I have 3.73 gears. I think I need this 12 bolt if I ever put on slicks right?
Old 02-07-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Slicks + M6 + 10 bolt + traction = shrapnel and tow truck fee. Or even worse, if your rearend blows, and locks up...this could doom your M6 to the junk pile. Of course you will need to upgrade your clutch if you plan on running slicks. A Cartek, Spec or Mcloed Clutch should be under consideration while you put your plans together for a new 12 bolt. I would get on the Manual Transmission Forum and ask about clutch recommendations. I was so perplexed by the wide range of opinions on racing clutches, that I sold my M6 and bought a racing automatic.

Yeah thats my car in the sig. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:07 PM
wrencher

I like the car & your avatar Drank w/'em B-4
Old 02-08-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Can't really add much to what Fast SS listed above except that if you do go with a 12-bolt and 4.10's then you should really consider an aftermarket driveshaft. I'd look into a Denny's (www.dennysdriveshaft.com) or Mark Williams (www.markwilliams.com). They'll help you pick out a good shaft for your needs.