Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What the hell Moser???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry What the hell Moser???

Alright you guys. I have a problem here and I'm hoping you can calm me down and at least tell me it's my fault.

I ordered a Moser 9" housing for a 98-02 (01) Trans-Am with an assembled nodular iron center with a TruTrac diff (3.70 gears), axles with exciter rings for ABS and TCS, and a Willwood Pro Street rear brake kit with parking brake.

Now... I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with the rep from Moser ordering these together. I made it very clear it was going into a 2001 Pontiac and wanted to keep the ABS and TCS and obviously wanted a parking brake. I told the guy everything I wanted and he came up with a package that I (an amateur) could put together and get installed myself. Pretty straightforward setup since the diff was already professionally assembled and lubed for me.

Anyway. My problem is this. The parking brake doesn't clear the gear on the end of the axle and Moser said the Willwood kit they sold (w/ parking brake) me was never meant to used with the rest of the setup. Is this my fault? What do I do from here? I'd really love to have ABS, TCS, and a GD parking brake...
Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

dont feel bad.... my street car broke the studs off the rearend. they said i should of got bigger studs....i told them not to use the cheap *** ones that they put on there
Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Just to be clear, it was AT LEAST 2 hours on the phone with the rep, on a satellite phone, IN IRAQ. It was over a year ago, so I don't remember the conversation verbatim, but I do know that there was zero ambiguity at the end of the conversation. It was hard enough for me to call my parents, let alone order a 9" rearend. So I made sure everything was correct before hanging up.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

You may have to use the stock rear brake set up if you want all the electronics, im subscribed because i may be getting a moser housing and axle package.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aint Moser great, I've read so many bad things about them there is noway I would order anything from them.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think I have ever run into a situation where someone wanted to use the Wilwood brakes with the 4 channel, I agree with the other post that you'll probably have to reuse your stock brakes if you want to keep the 4 channel. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dkota1968
You may have to use the stock rear brake set up if you want all the electronics, im subscribed because i may be getting a moser housing and axle package.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...-and-Axles.htm

Check out my shipped price at the above link. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-10-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a lot of these problems come from dealing with Moser directly. Going through a business that specializes in our cars is much better IMO.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Teching In

^ This is VERY true!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, he went to Moser direct and explained what he needed. Moser has been around long enough to know everything about F-bodies. The last one was built in 02 so there is no excuse. They know as much as any sponsor. THEY JUST SUCK....
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter Hays
Well, he went to Moser direct and explained what he needed. Moser has been around long enough to know everything about F-bodies. The last one was built in 02 so there is no excuse. They know as much as any sponsor. THEY JUST SUCK....
And thats why you go through a sponsor because they will be better able to get your problems taken care of. Really, you dont save by dealing with moser direct anyway because they discount to the sponsor. Sponsors are here almost daily giving advice and keeping an eye out for problems. No doubt they have a relationship with moser that you and I as individuals could never develop because of the volume they as resellers deal with. Because of this, if theres a gray area problem, they'll be more likely to get it pushed through warranty. Sorry dude, its almost like the law of physics, the bigger lever applies more pressure.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
And thats why you go through a sponsor because they will be better able to get your problems taken care of. Really, you dont save by dealing with moser direct anyway because they discount to the sponsor. Sponsors are here almost daily giving advice and keeping an eye out for problems. No doubt they have a relationship with moser that you and I as individuals could never develop because of the volume they as resellers deal with. Because of this, if theres a gray area problem, they'll be more likely to get it pushed through warranty. Sorry dude, its almost like the law of physics, the bigger lever applies more pressure.
Very true. I have just had the worst luck with anything Moser.