Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9in 31 spline Wavetrac

Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9in 31 spline Wavetrac

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/feature...erential-line/

Should be available in the next few weeks.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOWSA! 1000 bucks just for a diff unit!!! Hope its as good as it sounds
Old 12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STEEPSS
The 35 spline version has been out for a while and seems to hold up to around 700 rwhp. A few have broken at around 800, but Wavetrac has redesigned the housing to try and fix the issue. The 31 spline is new and looks to have the newly designed case. Personally I have no need for 35 spline axles and don't want to carry the weight, the 31 spline is a welcome addition IMHO. Compared to the Trutrac which I have seen people break with around 400 rwhp, the 31 spline Wavetrac should be an execllent choice for a mild street/strip car that still likes to turn.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin97ss
The 35 spline version has been out for a while and seems to hold up to around 700 rwhp. A few have broken at around 800, but Wavetrac has redesigned the housing to try and fix the issue. The 31 spline is new and looks to have the newly designed case. Personally I have no need for 35 spline axles and don't want to carry the weight, the 31 spline is a welcome addition IMHO. Compared to the Trutrac which I have seen people break with around 400 rwhp, the 31 spline Wavetrac should be an execllent choice for a mild street/strip car that still likes to turn.
We broke a Wavetrac last year in a customer's GTO at the old shop, and a guy from Wavetrac's company called me right away. They wanted to know how we broke it, and they went about redesigning the weak area right away. Someone is always going to find a way to break something, you can break a spool if you try. Wavetrac wants this differential to be the answer to everyone these days with 1000 rwhp on the street, and I think they're going to get there. Wavetrac stands behind it 100%, and it's cool that we got to break one to help them find a weak area. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would have one if they werent so much money,maybe the price will come down some day,until then my trac loc seems to be working good
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much more does a 35 spline axle weight compared to a 31?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redtail2426
i would have one if they werent so much money,maybe the price will come down some day,until then my trac loc seems to be working good
QFT

I have a detroit soft locker (31 spline) and it seems to be holding just fine.

Now if I can just track down this vibration
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Valkyn
How much more does a 35 spline axle weight compared to a 31?
Less if you get the 35 spline axles gun drilled with lightened flanges..

I will ask Eric in the morning he probably knows since it seems he knows everything else related to these cars and weight options. He is all about function at the least amount of weight possible..
Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Saw one of those on the shelf today. I had the trac-loc but clutches were bad in 1 year 3300 miles. Put a locker in the third today
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

FYI: I do not recommend gun drilled axles for street use! Bob

Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
FYI: I do not recommend gun drilled axles for street use! Bob
lol... neither do we but when the multi-time LSX True Street shootout winner(MightyMouse) runs them then there cant be too many issues, but not recommended for sure. in reality there are better gains from running Strange brakes in comparison to lightened axles if one is spending on rotating weight reduction.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by STEEPSS
The price is a little steep, but they do offer a unconditional transferable warranty , even if you race with it. Money well spent and the last Diff. you will have to buy.

Both of my tru-trac's are fine , but will defiantly look to this as an alternative when disaster strikes !
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by getusumws6
The price is a little steep, but they do offer a unconditional transferable warranty , even if you race with it. Money well spent and the last Diff. you will have to buy.

Both of my tru-trac's are fine , but will defiantly look to this as an alternative when disaster strikes !
Maybe disaster won't strike you. If your Tru-Tracs are of the older design, you may not have problems with them. Bob

Old 12-17-2010, 01:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We sold a ton of Tru-Tracs this year and years past with only once customer having an issue with his, and I do mean sold a ton of them, especially this year.

We tested the Tru-Trac two seasons ago in a shop car and it went 9's in Eric convertible and a automatic. We are always testing different differentials that are on the market and the past two years we have been testing a couple that are not even on the market as of yet..
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
We sold a ton of Tru-Tracs this year and years past with only once customer having an issue with his, and I do mean sold a ton of them, especially this year.

We tested the Tru-Trac two seasons ago in a shop car and it went 9's in Eric convertible and a automatic. We are always testing different differentials that are on the market and the past two years we have been testing a couple that are not even on the market as of yet..
You guys have just been lucky, as there are a lot of people on this forum who have trashed Tru-Tracs. Hell, there have been threads about them........

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...ight=True-trac
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...roken+truetrac
Bob

Last edited by Bob@BruteSpeed; 12-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our constant in house testing helps us better understand things, which in effect only benefits our customers.That and we like to stay in as much contact with our customers to get as much feedback as possible from them. Doing so we know what components to suggest to what customer based off of their needs.

Testing testing testing that's the things we are constantly doing through out the summer, winter comes and we try something different for the next season. We have two shop cars being built right now in different forms for that exact reason not including our 10 second daily driver owned and operated by the same guy that welds all our customers housing and suspension pieces together and possibly Eric convertible again next season if it is still up for sale.

Eric testing in the convertible.

Which is up for sale in stock form but can build to suit a customers needs.

This is owned and operated by the same gentlemen that builds all our housing and suspension items right here in house.

He clearly trust his own work as this car has gone bottom 10's many times with many different parts on it.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Our constant in house testing helps us better understand things, which in effect only benefits our customers.That and we like to stay in as much contact with our customers to get as much feedback as possible from them. Doing so we know what components to suggest to what customer based off of their needs.

Testing testing testing that's the things we are constantly doing through out the summer, winter comes and we try something different for the next season. We have two shop cars being built right now in different forms for that exact reason not including our 10 second daily driver owned and operated by the same guy that welds all our customers housing and suspension pieces together and possibly Eric convertible again next season if it is still up for sale.

Eric testing in the convertible.

Which is up for sale in stock form but can build to suit a customers needs.

This is owned and operated by the same gentlemen that builds all our housing and suspension items right here in house.

He clearly trust his own work as this car has gone bottom 10's many times with many different parts on it.
That is really cool, so are you saying that you guys take the True-Trac apart and redesign it for your customers applications? Wow, I am truly impressed! Bob

Old 12-17-2010, 05:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
That is really cool, so are you saying that you guys take the True-Trac apart and redesign it for your customers applications? Wow, I am truly impressed! Bob
I'm sorry I must have missed were I said we take anything apart like the Tru-Trac and redesign it for our customers? We test by trying out different components, the ones we manufacture and the ones we sell from other manufactures. I will add though, we don't build or modify any differentials, BUT companies do come to us to test theirs out.

Let me simplify it in case I wrote it improperly. We take the items we sell our customers and test them at the track and street driving with the shop vehicles and our own personal vehicles. It cost us money to do so but in the end our customers get the best care we can possibly give them, because we can give honest answers from first hand experience.

I'm sorry if I wrote it wrong, phones ringing like crazy these days I do get side tracked easily.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9in 31 spline Wavetrac