Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser's wavetrac 9" rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser's wavetrac 9" rear

I'm in the market for a new rear.. Definitely going w/ a Moser 9" but trying to pick between the wavetrac or the true trac. Does anyone on here run the wavetrac? Just looking for any feedback that'll help, thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have the true-crap still broken in mine. From what I gather the wavetrack is top of the line and it's price shows.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteboycntdnce
I'm in the market for a new rear.. Definitely going w/ a Moser 9" but trying to pick between the wavetrac or the true trac. Does anyone on here run the wavetrac? Just looking for any feedback that'll help, thanks!
By looking at your signature I would say to go with the Wavetrac. Here is a link to my shipped price. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...h-Wavetrac.htm

Information on the Wavetrac can be found at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...nformation.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We have only had one customer break a Wavetrac to date that I can think of. The warranty did take care of him and that is a huge bonus to the Wavetrac. We sold a ton of Wavetrac's last year and that was the only issue we came across so far. They did change the design of it since then.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I looked at their brochure at SEMA in 08, if I remember right, it said there was an option for the friction pack load? or something of the sort for different driving/racing preferences. Is that still true?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a real nice $600 broken tru crap in my rear at the moment. Dont know anything about the wavetrack, but has to be better than the tru crap.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
When I looked at their brochure at SEMA in 08, if I remember right, it said there was an option for the friction pack load? or something of the sort for different driving/racing preferences. Is that still true?
http://www.wavetrac.net/technical.htm

• Customizable:
If desired, you can alter the diff’s behavior to suit your needs using optional components.
The Wavetrac® diff’s behavior can be altered in the field to suit your needs. It comes standard with carbon-fiber bias plates for the best all around performance and lifetime durability. Changeable plates using materials with different friction coefficients to fine-tune the bias ratio are sold separately.

These bias plates provide a mechanism to tune the response of the differential as a function of applied torque load. The applied torque load manifests itself as an axial load from the differential pinions into the housing. This axial force is then considered a normal force into the bias plate, and as a function of the effective coefficient of friction, provide a resistive torque to the rotational motion of the differential pinions. The resistive torque will add to the resistance of relative rotation of all components within the differential. The resistive force, however, is non-uniform since it is a function of the axial load from the differential pinions. The unbalance of the resistive torque will manifest as non-uniform energy absorption within the differential causing a bias ratio.

Quick Reply: Moser's wavetrac 9" rear