Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

buying 9 inch need advice.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question buying 9 inch need advice.

i got a 96 camaro ss supercharged with 8 pounds of boost, i need to know what diff. to get (aurburn , ford, eaton, detroit) i drive this car reguarly so i dont want a locker

if i order it straight from moser does it need to be shortend any?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Blown96SS
i got a 96 camaro ss supercharged with 8 pounds of boost, i need to know what diff. to get (aurburn , ford, eaton, detroit) i drive this car reguarly so i dont want a locker

if i order it straight from moser does it need to be shortend any?
I ordered my 9" from QMP (Ls1 Motorsports) which is a Moser dealer. Essentially they just order it straight from Moser. Mine was a bolt-in version, just tell them what you have and they'll send you the proper housing with little modding to bolt it right up. The QMP packages are already measured but if you order from Moser they'll probably make you fill out a spec sheet with measurements on it. Specify disc or drum brakes and you're ready to rock. I got an Auburn Pro Racing diff on Ebay but I can't remember which type it is (locker v. limited slip) but it drives really well so probably just limited slip. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Thanks.

Search this Thread