Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need help with choosing a posi

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with choosing a posi

Long story short my detroit tru trac in my 9" is toast. I had one bad burnout at the trac where one wheel caught and the other didn't. the diff now whines when I turn corners and vibrates like holy hell when I decel on the expressway.

Can someone suggest a cost effective yet durable posi other than the tru trac. I'm trying to avoid installing a spool so any help is appreciated.

thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula WS6
Long story short my detroit tru trac in my 9" is toast. I had one bad burnout at the trac where one wheel caught and the other didn't. the diff now whines when I turn corners and vibrates like holy hell when I decel on the expressway.

Can someone suggest a cost effective yet durable posi other than the tru trac. I'm trying to avoid installing a spool so any help is appreciated.

thanks
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-5W9...ser-5W9F31.htm
The best route to go so that you don't have future problems is with the Wavetrac. Above is the link to the 31 spline Wavetrac. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On decel the traction unit ought to not be involved. Sure
it's not just a busted tooth or something? Guess it could
be both....
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's in the posi. I took it apart about a month ago cause I was almost convinced it was my issue. Took the trutrac apart and found the center friction cups all scarred from metal on meta contactl. It ressembled a brake pad after it's been ground on a rotor. being strapped for cash, I took a die grinder to the center plates to smooth the surface and it was a night and day difference. Well now it's back to the same noise/vibration.