Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

getting moser axles made stud ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting moser axles made stud ?

I am about to get custom axles made for my 8.8 rear end, and I need to figure out what to do about studs. I heard the moser studs were junk. Sounds like arp are the way to go, but I dont have a press. (college student). is this something any shop with a press can do for me? I just dont wanna ruin my 400 dollar axles.

tia for your help
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 70hemicuda
I am about to get custom axles made for my 8.8 rear end, and I need to figure out what to do about studs. I heard the moser studs were junk. Sounds like arp are the way to go, but I dont have a press. (college student). is this something any shop with a press can do for me? I just dont wanna ruin my 400 dollar axles.

tia for your help
Any machine shop Should be able to press them in for you. If not and you want to try it you can easily put them in yourself. All you need is a regular nut for the studs and afew washers. Put the stud in from the back and put afew washers on the stud. Then put the nut on and hit it with a impact gun. It should tighten up and pull the stud through. Either that or put the axle on a tube high enough to clear the stud coming through the other side and hit them in with a hammer.