Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 axle tube ? Get your opinion, if it'll work.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.8 axle tube ? Get your opinion, if it'll work.

Got my LQ4 on the road Friday and tore the Zexel Torsen out the same day from getting it from the tuner. Did not last 12 hours. LOL..... Anyways I have been reading a whole bunch about these swaps and I am going to go with a 8.8 and use my stock tubes. Now I have read people turning them down, and making sleeves. How about, do you think it would work and be strong enough to maybe take the housing to a muffler shop and have them expand the 8.8 tubes a little to allow the 10 bolt tubes to fit inside like a exhaust joint? Don't flame me, this is just a thought now. And also, what have you found to be the best donor vehicle for the 8.8 swap with the TA mount weld deal? Thanks.......
Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in a exhaust shop and I personally wouldn't do it. I'd do a sleeve before flaring it. Plus I think our machine wouldn't flare it too well.I'm also interested in what to do with the tubes. Maybe sleeves are the easiest route.

Search this Thread