Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

i just installed a 93-97 12 bolt into my 99 SS..need a lil help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i just installed a 93-97 12 bolt into my 99 SS..need a lil help!

So after almost 2 years of running my procharged auto camaro SS into mid 11's on my stock 10 bolt...i finally came across a deal for a Moser 12 bolt with 3.90 gears and posi that i just could'nt pass up...i just finished putting it in yesterday and the 3.90 gears in the 12 are waaay better for my car than the 3.23's ever could be in the stock 10..not to mention the vast strength difference..but with it being an LT1 style 12 bolt it had the the LT1 style rear brakes on it..so of course i dont' have traction control now or ABS..that's not really a big deal for me because i hated the traction control...but i do want to get rid of my ABS light and traction control light that is on the guages..anyone got answers or have done this same rear swap before?..it's not a huge problem but having these lights active gives me the feeling of something being wrong...can those lights be turned off with a tune?..thanks ahead for any help
Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove cluster, remove bulbs reintall
Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RsSean
Remove cluster, remove bulbs reintall
You can do that with the "newer" guage cluster since they are a sealed unit unlike the olders style that used single bulbs. If it bothers you that much take the plastic cover off the cluster and use electrical tape to cover the lights, re install cover, done!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just realized who you are "ilovechevy1" Ill give ya ten lengths.......LOL!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
I just realized who you are "ilovechevy1" Ill give ya ten lengths.......LOL!
hey man!.. HAHA...yeah...dont' take the ten lenghts thing too seriously...did'nt know u was rocking a bad *** built LS1 under that not so scary LT1 style body...if i gave u 10 lenghts at the track i would be in trouble for sure LOL...cant' wait to see your car make some passes after you get the MWC 9 inch in that beast
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

sup ilovechevy1, I was the one who commented on the youtube post.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
sup ilovechevy1, I was the one who commented on the youtube post.
oh yeah..i'm jealous of your expensive true duel setup as well as that MWC 9 in...are you a contract killer or something? lol..i'm in the Army and i can only afford stuff like that during deployments when my pay goes up...FML!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
oh yeah..i'm jealous of your expensive true duel setup as well as that MWC 9 in...are you a contract killer or something? lol..i'm in the Army and i can only afford stuff like that during deployments when my pay goes up...FML!
No, I'm a Sergeant in the Marine Crops.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
No, I'm a Sergeant in the Marine Crops.
Marin corps!!..soo you are indeed a contract killer in a sense lol..i bet you have been on a good bit of deployments to afford those nice peices of harware you have..i mean u got a 3.5k $ MWC 9 in rear..a 2k exhuast system and a 1k intake..the only reasson my SS is procharged is because while i was in Iraq i spent months looking for a good deal on a turbo or supercharged low mile SS and i honestly got real lucky on mine and got it with a good bit of mods and 46k miles for only 12,900.of course i have added many myself such as a built tranny with stall, 12 bolt, water/meth and some other goodies..deployments have thier benifits that's for sure..mostly good for staying away from the wife
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
Marin corps!!..soo you are indeed a contract killer in a sense lol..i bet you have been on a good bit of deployments to afford those nice peices of harware you have..i mean u got a 3.5k $ MWC 9 in rear..a 2k exhuast system and a 1k intake..the only reasson my SS is procharged is because while i was in Iraq i spent months looking for a good deal on a turbo or supercharged low mile SS and i honestly got real lucky on mine and got it with a good bit of mods and 46k miles for only 12,900.of course i have added many myself such as a built tranny with stall, 12 bolt, water/meth and some other goodies..deployments have thier benifits that's for sure..mostly good for staying away from the wife
LMAO, yeah deployments are a nice break form the wife!!! I've owned my car for almost 5 years, I didn't do everything at once. Just alittle bit at a time to get where I am now. If whipple does indeed make a root style supercharger for the 4th gen f-body, than that will be the next thing on my list!! 750 rwhp out of blown 416ci LS engine?? I think so.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

well since you have an LS3 does'nt Kenne Bell have a S/C for the new 5th gen camaro's?..if they do then i bet with some fabrication you can stuff it under the hood and under the dash of the 4th gen..i dono tho..just a thought..yeah..i have had my SS only 16 months and have managed to get alot done to it in a short time...i'm bored right now so i will elaborate on everything i have done to it since i purchased it..one the first things i did was get rid of the Pewter/silver paint and get it black (cause it's bad *** lol)..the car ran 11.8 right out to bat on my first pass down the track..then after i got the trans built and added a TCI 3k stall..it droped to an average of 11.4's with the fastest ever time of 11.3 @ 120..in my quest for 10's i went a lil crazy working on some of the wrong things when all i needed from the get go was a 12 bolt with gears..but i had a pocket full of money and put an LS6 intake with water meth..bigger injectors (from 42lbs to 60's) a racetronix wiring kit and pump...bigger TB..a 10 bolt girdle cover ( ******* waste of money!)..and some other small ins and outs,and a dyno tune from Doc at EFI Alchemy..can you believe after all this my next fastest pass at the track was an 11.6!!.( instead of high 10's like i was expecting).i was pissssed man..all those mods and money and i have yet to figure out whats up..i just got the 12 bolt in a few days ago and want to go see what it will run now..but somethings up with my tune or shift points..i donno..it still runs strong and i drive it everyday with no issues..gota take it back to get redynoed and see whats up
Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow! Did your 60 ft times change at all? What about your mph? Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Wow! Did your 60 ft times change at all? What about your mph? Bob
yes it did actually..my 60ft ft average went form an average of 1.65 (fastest ever was 1.61) to an average of around 1.68 to a 1.74..and yes my MPH was all over the place on my last track outing..my fastest ever MPH before those mods i listed was 120mph with an average of 118 and now the fastest i went the other day out of all my passes was only 116!..with an average of 115 and even ran some lower 113's..i dont' know whats up with my car...Doc at EFI Alchemy who was the last person to tune it on the dyno say's it possibly the shift points..i have no idea really but will be taking it to him when i get the extra money for some tuning sessions so we can get this figured out..but it's still running good and everything seems fine..fuel pressure is good..boost is at the same level according to my boost guage and oil pressure is still high as well...could be anything but i'm sure it's something small..i am gona take the care back to the track ASAP since i have put the Moser 12 in it with the 3.90 gear's..it's gona drop the time a few tenths i hope..it should be a done deal for 10's but so should've the other mods i did i would've thought..car is just acting retared at the track being less inconsistant as well..