Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 Noob questions!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 8.8 Noob questions!!!

I have gone through all the treads and was looking at what other people were doing but im looking for a straight answer.
I just need to know what has to be added/moved in order for this to fit in my car.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of building one myself. The only thing I have came accross is 1. If your 8.8 has the two ear sticking off the top you have to cut them off so they don't beat on your gas tank and 2. You have to make a vent. Other than that its straight swap I'm pretty sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Now that's if you are cutting and welding your 10 bolt tubes to the 8.8. All of you mounting points for your srings ect. Are there already. Onlything I am not too sure of is clearance for sway bar. I'm assuming its fine because no one has mentioned it.

Also don't forget about your ta mount. Creativity is the key here lol. I'm still building mine so I'm just going on the research I've done
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I dont see the point of this thread. This conversion has been done enough times in many different methods so its just a matter of picking which one fits your level of fabrication experience/tools

10 bolt sway bar clears just fine. 10 bolt axles can be reused when using a 28 spline diff, stock DS can be reused with a new flange put on, etc. Do a search
Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id have to agree on this one. If you search you'll find all you need to know. I've researched for months on all methods. Take your time all answers you can find here

Search this Thread