Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

narrowed rear, but still stock wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default narrowed rear, but still stock wheels???

I am getting either a 9" or 12bolt rear for the new toy. I know what rims i want to run, and to get the proper "look" with the backspacing available, i'd have to narrow the rear. Now by doing that, is there a possiblity of running extended studs, with say a 1 or 2 inch spacer and still running the stock rims on stock radials for any long trips that i may need to take.

Chris
Old 03-14-2004, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the correct wheel you wont need any spacers. now remember that you have a narrowed rear but your wheel tubs are stock. may be some problems there. you may only want to shorten the rear by an inch or two. do your homework on this one before you plop down your cash or you could get end up fawked.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah i know. i was gonna minitub the car. but the rims i like don't have the large backspacing we need offered. basically i would need to narrow each side by 1.5" and then if i took a long trip and wanted to use stock wheels/tires i'd have to run a 1.5" spacer, but i just didn't know if that was too much on the studs.

Chris