Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rear swap question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rear swap question.

I have been searching for hours on multiple forums and can't find the answer to my stupid question. I got a good deal on a 3.42 10 bolt 4 channel to replace my old 2.73 10 bolt. My question is, when removing the old rear, what do I take off first? Shocks, Ta, pa bar, lca? I have always had mustangs so not sure which ones holding spring tension and do not want to find out the hard way. I am going to try to keep my old brake lines and calipers so I don't have to bleed the brakes. And also have new lca's with relocation brackets and pa bar and lowering springs to install with it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid catching a spring with my forehead lol...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done this many times. I always start with removing the driveshaft then torque arm. If you need step by step directions PM me and I can give more details. You will not need to disconnect any brake lines in order to remove the rear end.