Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What Would I Need To Modify To Use This Rear? (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would I Need To Modify To Use This Rear? (Pics)

First Off My Car Is A 95 Z28..
Soon to have cam, bolt ons, ect...
What Would i need to modify to make this work?
And is it even a strong rear?

Here Is The Craigslist Add:
(Ford 8" rear end 4.10 gears spooled with gm 5x4.75 lug pattern)
Came from a drag race Vega I just SOLD and now want to sell off other parts to raise money for my other project. It is 44" from housing end to housing end. aprox 50" from drum face to face. I have not pulled pumpkin to see if its got a spool in it or if its welded. Either way its a strong set up and was in a 11 second car. I have personally seen the car move and know it works. Also has all brakes with lines and has leaf spring mounts
Pictures:

Thanks! Any Help Appricated..
Attached Thumbnails What Would I Need To Modify To Use This Rear? (Pics)-rear-end-2.jpg   What Would I Need To Modify To Use This Rear? (Pics)-rear-end.jpg  

Last edited by Ls1~Lover; 02-14-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I urge You to not buy that rearend. The housing is to narrow by about one foot, the 8" has few if any aftermarket parts available. It would require some fairly expensive fabrication and welding to convert to a torque arm housing even if it didn't have the first two issues.

Bottom line is You should keep looking for another rearend, preferably one that is already set up for a torque arm, and closer to 56" in overall width.

My reply may seem brutal but it is intended to save You time and money.

Carl
Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl at CRP
I urge You to not buy that rearend. The housing is to narrow by about one foot, the 8" has few if any aftermarket parts available. It would require some fairly expensive fabrication and welding to convert to a torque arm housing even if it didn't have the first two issues.

Bottom line is You should keep looking for another rearend, preferably one that is already set up for a torque arm, and closer to 56" in overall width.

My reply may seem brutal but it is intended to save You time and money.

Carl
Thanks! I really appreciate it, yea the only way i would have considerd buying it is if it was pretty much ready to bolt in other than welding brackets and stuff like that..
He is only asking 250, so i thought id ask everyones thoughts..
But thanks you! Im glad i didnt go off and buy it, Lol..
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ls1~Lover
Thanks! I really appreciate it, yea the only way i would have considerd buying it is if it was pretty much ready to bolt in other than welding brackets and stuff like that..
He is only asking 250, so i thought id ask everyones thoughts..
But thanks you! Im glad i didnt go off and buy it, Lol..
Your Welcome!

Carl