Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3rd gen ford 9inch in 4th gen abs

Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen ford 9inch in 4th gen abs

As it says. I've got a line on a 9inch for put of a third gen and wanting to replace my 10 bolt with it in my 00 ws6 abs. Can this be done and retain my abs? It's got Moser axles and 4.10 posi. If internal spline count is different than spline count on yokes and trans will that cause issues? also I just picked up a tremac t56 with a stage 1 tick rebuild including gears for 1k. Hahhaha had to boast on my deal. Guy wants 600$ for rear and and was gonna offer him my tranny that needs a light rebuild (3/4). Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also since it's narrower and I know I need spacers. Running c4 ZR1'S WITH 315/35/17 nt05s and I get a little bit of outer tire rub when I hit a hard bump. Recommended for the 3rd gen width is 1.5" each side. Can I RUN A slightly smaller spacer like 1/8" smaller to alleviate that rub? The gears are Richmond's. I'm gonna say the tubes aren't welded up. Any idea how well it'll hold up to......lets say...... 425ft/lbs? It's a guess since I havent done a pull on it. yet. Tuned full exhaust with cut out cam(no clue as to the grind) volant airlid kit. Lifters and rockers. Stock everything else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd gen ford 9inch in 4th gen abs