Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Suspension or Drivetrain Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension or Drivetrain Problem

Hey guys, I am really in a bind here. I just recently had some work done on my drivetrain and now the drivetrain/transmission shop is telling me they can't fix the "suspension" problem that is occurring and I need to come pick up my car.

The driveshaft fell out due to a bad u-joint. The shop ended up putting in a new driveshaft, new ring and pinion gear set, new pinion bearing set, new yoke, new u joints and over $600 in labor/shipping/misc that amounted to $1750. I picked up the car and the rear made a horrible sound anytime I hit a bump in the road, which is quite frequent out here. So I took the car back to him and he said "We can fix it."

Now, the shop is telling me they can't fix my "suspension" problem. I don't know if I should pick up my car. Would that legally show that I am accepting their failure? I didn't have this problem before the driveshaft blew. Could my driveshaft be too long? The guy claims that local shops won't touch the car because of all the aftermarket suspension stuff on it. He also says that he talked to UMI when adjusting the torque arm and they are giving him erroneous settings that will cause the driveshaft to pop out again.

Currently, when I look under the car with the suspension loaded, the rear swaybar is rubbing on the Moser 12 bolt differential and the bar above the pumpkin (upper panhard bar?) is also rubbing on the top side of the pumpkin. I am not sure if this is what is hitting or not. I need help ASAP because after >$5K into the rear end, I can't even drive it. It almost makes me have to get rid of my car and I really don't want to. I just can't afford to put another couple thousand dollars into it to just to make it drivable. If I put $2K into it, I would at least want new heads.

Any help is appreciated! Shop suggestions? What to do suggestions? What the problem could be suggestions? Thanks. (Sorry for the novel)

Mods:
Koni Shocks (4/4)
Strano Springs
BMR SFCs
UMI adjustable TA
UMI LCAs
LCA re-location brackets
Moser 12 bolt
UMI adjustable panhard bar
whole new f**** drivetrain!