Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 or 9"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 8.8 or 9"?

I am going to have to upgrade the rearend with a H/C package soon to be added.
Because I do more lapping and autox then dragracing I want to be able to use the Torsen t2r posi which fit in either of these rears. I also want to keep this unit as light as possible.
The car is an 01 m6 with trc control.
What are the good and bad points with these two rears. I see more 9" installs then the 8.8.
I'm trying to get as much imformation before I call a sponser so that I know all the questions to ask.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt jjj
Old 03-29-2004, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You see more 9" installs than 8.8's because the 9" has been around longer for our cars. There is one guy in the midwest building 8.8's that does not support our board. I just put one together for myself that should be in the car this week. Total cost on my 8.8 came to about $1400, but a buddy and myself did 95% of the work. This rear retains the ABS and TCS.

Check out the write up on here if you are a do it yourselfer.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.8's

Originally Posted by LIL SS
You see more 9" installs than 8.8's because the 9" has been around longer for our cars. There is one guy in the midwest building 8.8's that does not support our board. I just put one together for myself that should be in the car this week. Total cost on my 8.8 came to about $1400, but a buddy and myself did 95% of the work. This rear retains the ABS and TCS.

Check out the write up on here if you are a do it yourselfer.
Well it's not that i don't support this site i think this is a VERY good site with lots of great info, its that the price for being a sponsor over doubled in the 3 times i talked to pro stock john and i didn't thank that was normal or fair thats why i haven't became a sponsor. I just thought he was jacking the price up on me. Anyways you know i could have sold you a rear like this for only a few hundred more dollars and saved you lots of work and it would have been a rear thats been beat on at the track and proven, and you also know that i sell the bare housings for the do it yourselfers anyways just wanted to input on this thanx,
craig
Old 03-31-2004, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trubo sent you a pm