Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

10 bolt - TCS vs. Non-TCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 bolt - TCS vs. Non-TCS

I have an extra 10 bolt that I'm planning to assemble and swap into my car. My car does not have TCS, but the rear is from a TCS car. Is there any difference in the housing between a TCS and Non-TCS rear? What is involved in removing TCS from the rear? I know I can just swap the rear without removing it, but I prefer a clean install with no "extras"
Old 04-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Well, I'm not an expert, but see that no one has replied, so here is what I know. The carrier and the axles are different because the reluctor wheel is on the carrier on the non-TCS rear, and on the ends of the axles on TCS cars. I'm not sure if the housing itself is different, but it very well may be. Call you GM dealer and have them check the part #s. One thing for sure, you cannot simply swap a TCS rear end into a non-TCS car.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

you are right a TCS car has 4-way ABS and non-TCS car has 3-way ABS so will have to get or switch your carrier out with the new one and should be good.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the replies. The reason I ask about the housing is because I'm changing the carrier, gears, and axles. I want to send this housing out to be powdercoated, and was just curious if there is any difference.

Thanks!