Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Stalls and gears, opinions wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalls and gears, opinions wanted.

2002 camaro z28, automatic 4, slp lid/cai/bellow, slp lm catback, diablosport tuner, dyno tune.

I plan to get motive 3.90's, with the deluxe install kit from thunder racing. Any opinions on motive gears, thunder racing, and/or a 3.90 gear kit in an A4? I am aware i will have to shoft into OD to finish a 1/4 mile with 3.90.

Also, i am curious, is buying a used stall worth the money, how can you tell if it is in good condition? I have done some research on them, i have found the obvious choice would be a new yank stall converter, but they run very exepensive new. Out of the cheaper brands, are there any reliable (basically reliable) bang for buck stalls out there? With the power i am making, i plan to get a 3600 stall, i make peak torque around 4250, so 3400-3600 seems spot on.

Best track time, on poor track conditions, was 12.958 spinning on a nearly bald set of nitto 555r 305s. Ran a few 12.9 passes when i get it to hook after spinning.