Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need square cross pin and bolt for Torsen

Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need square cross pin and bolt for Torsen

I've been having a torsen carrier out of LS1 car on the shelf for over a year, just as a spare or whatever. My buddy broke his carrier, so I was going to give him the Torsen. Problem is, there was a bunch of other junk on the shelf, and after an hour of searching, I can't find the cross pin. I can't seem to find any on the internet.

Anybody have a square cross pin or know where I can get one? And the bolt too.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PMd, i think i have what you need It can go out today
Attached Thumbnails Need square cross pin and bolt for Torsen-torsen-paddle-thrust-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Nemesis350; 07-25-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Hmmm....I thought it was just like the round pins, but square. Guess I was wrong. I'll check my PM and write you back. Do all the Torsen's that came stock in these cars use this style "cross pin"?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

As far as I know the zexel torsens all have this style trust plate. The auburns have the typical round cross pins. But if you need some peace of mind get a pic of your carrier and post it here.

Pm received and replied
Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Post a pic of the posi.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

The posi is at my uncle's house with all my other parts since he has a big shop, so a picture is not possible right this second. But I did a google image search for "7.5 torsen" and it matches those pics. I'm starting to think I never received the thrust plate with the unit because I think I would remember that odd shaped piece. I'm gonna search again for it this weekend when I get a chance and see if I can find it. If not, I'll hit you up Nemesis and see if we can make a deal on yours.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mguidry629
The posi is at my uncle's house with all my other parts since he has a big shop, so a picture is not possible right this second. But I did a google image search for "7.5 torsen" and it matches those pics. I'm starting to think I never received the thrust plate with the unit because I think I would remember that odd shaped piece. I'm gonna search again for it this weekend when I get a chance and see if I can find it. If not, I'll hit you up Nemesis and see if we can make a deal on yours.
No problem, I'm always glad to help out. Here's a pic of the torsen, just in case it helps you remember what yours looks like. Most other diffs have a hole you slide the round cross pin in: the torsen has this "paddle" thrust plate to support all the gearing and axles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need square cross pin and bolt for Torsen