Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rear end\torque arm bolt\nut size

Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end\torque arm bolt\nut size

so i am doing my s60 swap right now and i had to grind down the top bracket of my spohn torque arm to get it to fit but now my other issue is i lost the nuts for the bolts that run thru the rear end housing and bolt the torque arm. i have the 2 long bolts still but the nuts must have came loose at some point and fallen off. i cant find the size anywhere!!! ive gone to a few hardware stores and googled like crazy. can anyone please tell me this so i can get my rear end finished please!!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

14mm X 2.0
Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
14mm X 2.0
yeah i kinda figured it was a 14mm. of course when i went to home depot and lowes etc they have 12mm and 16mm no 14mm lol. but thanks again
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

A Fastenal outlet, or Ace Hardware might be your best bet. Or get a new set of bolts from one of the sponsors (WS6 Store,Spohn, BMR, etc.).

I thought perhaps Fastenal would be cheaper to buy bolts - they aren't - plus you have to special order.

Mike at WS6 had mine to me overnight - Iowa to Kansas.

On small packages priority mail is two - three days and cheap to ship. Ask your vendor to ship priority rather than UPS.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
A Fastenal outlet, or Ace Hardware might be your best bet. Or get a new set of bolts from one of the sponsors (WS6 Store,Spohn, BMR, etc.).

I thought perhaps Fastenal would be cheaper to buy bolts - they aren't - plus you have to special order.

Mike at WS6 had mine to me overnight - Iowa to Kansas.

On small packages priority mail is two - three days and cheap to ship. Ask your vendor to ship priority rather than UPS.
we do have a fastenal very close actually its just hard to get over there with my work hours and when they close. fastenal has been far cheaper then anyplace ive ever been to. when they order stuff its usually here the next day...or atleast the few times i have got stuff there. i will have to try to get over there tomorow. i also need to get 2 new bolts for my ebrake boot lever cover. i believe they are m5x1.0x10mm? can anyone confirm that as well?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I would take a bolt with you to Fastenal to make sure you get the right size.

But as many times as I have been to Ace Hardware in the special bolt and nut aisle - still can't imagine Ace doesn't have the nuts for your bolts in the metric section. The bolts -they don't have - but the nuts I think they have.

"The nuts for your torque arm bolts - nothing is ever lost - just misplaced."

If it were me - I would call Mike as the WS6 Store and have him send you new set. When you find the nuts - I am sure you can sell your extra set for $10 since a new set costs $20.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

just to clarify yes the 2 nuts that i was looking for that go on the long bolts that run thru the rear end housing and hold the torque arm were 14mmx2.0 so thank you forthe correct info!! also for the ebrake boot bracket cover the bolts are a #10-24. got 2 rear end nuts, 4 ebrake bolts and washers for everything for $2.28, fastenal is the shiiizzz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rear end\torque arm bolt\nut size