Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Yes Vibration grimlens...Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yes Vibration grimlens...Please HELP!

Car info in the sig. if that matters. 4.11 gears stock 10 bolt BMR TA and cross member brace. I知 having the vibrations in that 40-45 and 70-80 range. I have done searches here in the forum on others having this same problem. Things I have already checked and eliminated are trans mount (check) drive shaft (check) u joints (check) Rear wheels/tires (check) pinion angle (check) set at -2. I知 at a loss, after each of these being checked out one by one the vibration is still there and is the same. HELP please I知 going nuts and don稚 even want to drive the car b/c of the vibration very aggravating.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

nothing?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Stock 10 bolt? What year??

When you say the drive shaft has been checked what do you mean. If its a steel drive shaft throw it away.

I can't remember what years they used the three rivers steel shaft, but after replacing u joints in my 95 I had a crappy vibration. I took it to a VERY reputable drive line shop and had it balanced. It still shook. They told me it was cheap u joints. So I brought it back and paid them to press moog units in and rebalance. It still shook. I bought a 50 dollar aluminum shaft off eBay from an 02, slid it in and haven't felt a shimmy since.

If that's not it then it's possibly a bent axle. Raise the cars rear end and put it in gear. Let it spin slowly, You'll be able to see your problem for sure. Let me know what you find
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Alum ds. I took it to a place and they spun it to check to see if it needed to be re balanced. Also checked the u joints and they checked out ok too. Ugh I hate chasing things
Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I was searching around on here all night last night came across this thread "Fix that damn 5th/6th ger speed vibration" and it mentioned the same problem that Im having. So I kept reading about how if this is the problem then it wouldnt vibrate in fourth. Well toay I go for a drive and all be damn NO vibration in fourth. So my vibration is in 5th/6th gear. So a rebuid is n my nar future.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default rebuilding options/opinions

just wanting guys opinions on Tick or TDP for a rebuild. Either place Im going with atleast a stage 2. As of now the car already has 450+ Tq so stage 2 is the minimum.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinsB
just wanting guys opinions on Tick or TDP for a rebuild. Either place Im going with atleast a stage 2. As of now the car already has 450+ Tq so stage 2 is the minimum.
You'll love our Stage 2 Rebuild: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/

Cryogenic treatment makes a HUGE difference in these transmissions as far as strength is concerned, and our Level 2 includes Cryogenic treatment!

We are also offering Free Shipping both ways on all of our rebuilds at this point in time - a $200+ value!