Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear end for LS2 swap...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear end for LS2 swap...

Well I have a 2000 Camaro SS that I'm swapping an LS2 into and don't know the first place to start with choosing a drivetrain to go with it. I know that the stock rear is weak and was wondering what the cheapest route to get a strong enough one into the car would be...The car will be mainly street with the occasional strip runs and engine will have full bolt ons as well as a heads/cam package...

So I guess I lied about not knowing the first place to start, because you guys are my first place to start alot of knowledge on here to pickup and I would appreciate any help!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mite find a used 12 bolt or 9" in the used parts section for $2000 or less.maybe contact Bob at Brute Speed ,great guy to work with.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by garygnu
you mite find a used 12 bolt or 9" in the used parts section for $2000 or less.maybe contact Bob at Brute Speed ,great guy to work with.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...c-Truetrac.htm
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony.fatica
Well I have a 2000 Camaro SS that I'm swapping an LS2 into and don't know the first place to start with choosing a drivetrain to go with it. I know that the stock rear is weak and was wondering what the cheapest route to get a strong enough one into the car would be...The car will be mainly street with the occasional strip runs and engine will have full bolt ons as well as a heads/cam package...

So I guess I lied about not knowing the first place to start, because you guys are my first place to start alot of knowledge on here to pickup and I would appreciate any help!
Give me a call... I have the most options available for you and the experience with these cars to back it up. MWC is a direct dealer for Strange, Moser, and Yukon and can hook you up with the guaranteed best deal on any rearend you chose for your car and budget!