Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ford 9" Questions

Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ford 9" Questions

For those with a Ford 9" I have a couple of questions for you.

1) What is the absolute minimum width (Wheel Flange to Wheel Flange) with you can use and maintain all of the factory mounting locations for shocks, LCA's etc.?

2) Is the Pinion Yoke Centered to the both Axle Flanges or is it offset in any way left or right? If it is offset, how much to either side (Yoke Center to Wheel Flange Face on both sides if you have the measurements)?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Geez, I didn't think that would be such a tough couple of questions for someone to answer!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For the record...

It would totally **** me off when I ask a question, and I would see 5000 views, and no replies. Or i would see my first reply, and the person that answered didnt answer the question at all!! Which is what im doing now... so.. sorry? and your welcome??

I just.. JUST now came back from lubbock texas where i picked up my brand new Moser 9 from Texas speed. Matt is a pretty cool guy by the way. After getting it home and tearing up all the boxes like a kid at christmas, i suddenly found out that the toys i recieved didnt come with batteries. So as a heads up to you, and anybody that reads this. The drive shaft has to be an inch longer than stock, unless you get the adjustable arms, the U joint supposedly wont work either, you have to make a franken-joint, the installation information is not there oh and "the torque arm bracked might interfere with the pumpkin so you might have to grind a rib" i dont bitch often, but when i do, its usually because i paid and exorbitant amount of money for a job poorly done. buyer beware. I feel like i just recieved the first 9 for a camaro ever produced.. what i mean to say is, they know these things, why wouldnt you mention them upon purchase?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine is -3" a side. i think you can go up to 4" a side & everything still bolt up.

the axles are different lengths......if the pinion is on center, i have no idea?

if i had the car up in the air,i would measure for you......

ask ERIC AT MWC OR BOB AT BRUTE SPEED.

good luck!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

I pretty much have decided I'm going to build my own set up. Not a single vendor on here even bothered to reply so I'm ruling all of them out so it's up to me to take a 10 bolt out of a junk yard and start doing my own measuring and go from there! When I get done, I'll have plenty of plans available for another DYI guy and there will be no cost I'll post info!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StraightTimeStirrups
I pretty much have decided I'm going to build my own set up. Not a single vendor on here even bothered to reply so I'm ruling all of them out so it's up to me to take a 10 bolt out of a junk yard and start doing my own measuring and go from there! When I get done, I'll have plenty of plans available for another DYI guy and there will be no cost I'll post info!
Im with you here. Everyone just wants to sell you some high $$$$ rear and not actually answer questions... Im probably going with a 12 bolt but same concept. Pm me if you get stuck or just need moral suport.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford 9" Questions