Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

building a 9 inch center, need some help with the yoke selection..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default building a 9 inch center, need some help with the yoke selection..

I bit the bullet today and ordered my 9 inch housing from moser, a strange nodular center case and a rebuilt ford traction lock. The part that I need help with is the yoke. The only reference i have found is that i need a "1350" yoke.. but I have read about there being a short and long version of the 9" yoke and I don't know witch one I need to reuse my driveshaft without modifying it.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
I bit the bullet today and ordered my 9 inch housing from moser, a strange nodular center case and a rebuilt ford traction lock. The part that I need help with is the yoke. The only reference i have found is that i need a "1350" yoke.. but I have read about there being a short and long version of the 9" yoke and I don't know witch one I need to reuse my driveshaft without modifying it.
I dont know about using your stock driveshaft without modification of length either longer or shorter but you do need to know how many splines are on your Pinion as I believe there are 28 and 35 spline pinion shafts.

Joe
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got that part down, ordered a 28 spline daytona pinion support, 28 spline 3.89 gears and found a reference on another fbody forum in a write up that claims the short yoke allows the use of the stock driveshaft unmodified.
now if i can find someone in kentucky or indiana to build the 3rd member...

Quick Reply: building a 9 inch center, need some help with the yoke selection..