Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace

Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace

Hi guys,

What does it take the narrow a S60 so I can fit a 17x11 rim out back with a 4-5 inch backspace so I can have a nice looking lip.

Thanks, S60 install wont be until March but I am just trying to figure out if something like this is going to cost considerably more to do.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS!!

S60 NARROWED 3'' PER SIDE
17X7 UP FRONT 4.5 BACKSPACE
17X11 BACK 4.75 BACKSPACE

NO CUTTING OF BUMP STOPS OR ANYTHING, DIRECT BOLT ON
Attached Thumbnails Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace-rear-end-006.jpg   Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace-rear-end-008.jpg  

Last edited by 370ci_NBM_SS; 10-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 370ci_NBM_SS
YOU MEAN LIKE THIS!!

S60 NARROWED '' PER SIDE
17X7 UP FRONT 4.25 BACKSPACE
17X11 BACK 4.75 BACKSPACE

NO CUTTING OF BUMP STOPS OR ANYTHING, DIRECT BOLT ON
lol precisely

Looking amazing man, that is one mean looking sob you have there.

So when you did the rear end install what did you have to do so your rear tires werent sticking out past the fender or did it just literally bolt right on and turn out like this?

Are the S60's just that easy to fit in for our f-bods?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

THANKS MAN!!!

All i had to do was adjust my panhard bar to center the rear end, and fab. up some new e-brake brackets, i just hacked up my original ones.

Install was easy... I work at a dealer so having a lift made it cake....the torque arm hit the tunnel a little bit, so i massaged the tunnel a little bit....all good now.... i replaced my LCA'S, torque arm, torque amr mount (chassis), driveshaft of course with MWC full adjustable.

heres a pic before install
Attached Thumbnails Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace-rear-end-013.jpg   Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace-rear-end-011.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

THANKS MAN!!!

All i had to do was adjust my panhard bar to center the rear end, and fab. up some new e-brake brackets, i just hacked up my original ones.

Install was easy... I work at a dealer so having a lift made it cake....the torque arm hit the tunnel a little bit, so i massaged the tunnel a little bit....all good now.... i replaced my LCA'S, torque arm, torque amr mount (chassis), driveshaft of course with MWC full adjustable.

heres a pic before install
Nice man! Yeah all the rear suspension components are coming with the rear end install and I was going to get them adjustable as is. Did you get all double adjustable or all single adjustable?

Oh btw, what did you go with for the suspension? ( roto, poly, or rod ends? )

I can't get over how good your car looks man.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks I really love the way it turned out too!!! Thanks to Eric at MWC for all the help. Double adjustable with rod ends on both ends. Feel SOLID!! Very little noise and I mean little. Couldn't be happier with this set up!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks I really love the way it turned out too!!! Thanks to Eric at MWC for all the help. Double adjustable with rod ends on both ends. Feel SOLID!! Very little noise and I mean little. Couldn't be happier with this set up!
Sweet, I will be going with double adjustable as well I believe. I wonder is there any reason to do double over single, uber adjustable lol
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

If you havn't already bought the rear end it may be worth calling Strange to see if you can order a narrowed one to start with. Might save some money and time.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dtroike
If you havn't already bought the rear end it may be worth calling Strange to see if you can order a narrowed one to start with. Might save some money and time.
No I havent yet, Yeah if this could all be taken into consideration before hand that would be amazing.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The S60 is available from Strange with up to -4 per side without getting into the LCA bracket.

The double adjustable suspension components are on-car adjustable, compared to single adjustable needing the adjustable end removed from the mount.

Give me a call for all your rearend and suspension needs. I have the guaranteed best deal on the S60 or any other rearend, and manufacture the highest quality and best priced suspension products available for the f-body cars. I can also help you with info on adjustments and install tips as well with several years of experience with these cars on both the street and strip.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The S60 is available from Strange with up to -4 per side without getting into the LCA bracket.

The double adjustable suspension components are on-car adjustable, compared to single adjustable needing the adjustable end removed from the mount.

Give me a call for all your rearend and suspension needs. I have the guaranteed best deal on the S60 or any other rearend, and manufacture the highest quality and best priced suspension products available for the f-body cars. I can also help you with info on adjustments and install tips as well with several years of experience with these cars on both the street and strip.
Correct ordered everything thru MWC! Thanks again guys!!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99

Sounds good! I am going to call you next week just to get a ball park figure. I wont be purchasing until this upcoming Spring.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Narrowing a S60? 4-5 inch backspace