Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange S-60 E-Brake Help

Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange S-60 E-Brake Help

Anyone got photos or guidance on how to connect the E-Brake brackets on my new S-60? The stock ones don't seem to fit! I saw these a photo here, couldn't find much else.

2000 WS6 3 Channel

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...lots-pics.html
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have attached the picture you are referring to I believe. I had the BMR weld on relocation brackets installed by Strange and this makes the area too wide for the ebrake bracket to fit back on. The directions that BMR provides says to cut the other side of the bracket than in the picture, leave it off and drill a hole in the back of the ebrake bracket and LCA mount and use a bolt to secure it (I think). I wanted to do it the way in the first picture but ended up not with no access to a welder.

What I did was buy some stainless hardware from local store, prep the mating surfaces for POR15, applied the paint, and secure it all together. I am sure it will take a chisel to get it back off but it can stay permanent which is fine with me.
Attached Thumbnails Strange S-60 E-Brake Help-e-brake-bracket.jpg   Strange S-60 E-Brake Help-ebrake-bracket-front.jpg   Strange S-60 E-Brake Help-ebrake-braket-rear.jpg  

Last edited by ssgunny; 10-17-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Gunny,

We ended up doing something very similar to what you have pictured. I found the LCA relocation bracket document on the BMR site. The sway bar is tilted down here because the cover was about to be removed.

Finished here:

Last edited by Capricio; 10-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I see your driver side ebrake cable is routed above the PHB. How is that working for you? Stock routing is between the rear and PHB while being zip tied to the PHB. Just wondering.

Last edited by ssgunny; 10-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car is just a roller at the moment. We'll give everything under the car and the hood a second pass before driving. We'll secure the cables away from the spring coils. We got hung up waiting for some taller gaskets to fit roller rockers under the stock valve covers.

New engine, transmission, and rear all going in at once.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice. I could only afford the rear with my next purchase being the clutch next summer. I went back and edited my last post. Stock routing for the driver side cable is between the rear and PHB while being secured to the PHB. Good luck with the rest of the install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strange S-60 E-Brake Help