Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" Install - Nine Inch is IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9" Install - Nine Inch is IN!!

Finally got the moser nine inch in last night. I did the break in thing 2-3 minutes in forward and reverse with the car in the air. There was some very odd clunking noises going on.... It was then I realized that TCS and a locker were not meant to be together. I don't know why someone didn't tell me that when I ordered it (other than getting me for antoher 200 bucks)

Took it out for a 15 minute drive and noticed that the car feels incredible from 2000 on up with the 4.11's (going from 3.42's). You guys weren't bullshitting when you said 4.11's are a great mod for an M6 I never really got up past 4K RPM last night since I was trying to be good to the rear.

I must say that the locker is different. At first I probably looked "special" around the first few turns with that thing locking and unlocking. I think after about 15 minutes I got the hang of it. My parking garage at work should be interesting.

I did notice that the rear can try to kick to one side on the shift as others mentioned. I just put in a new BMR Adj PHR and Spohn drag sway bar and that seemed to tighten things up a bit. Overall I'm pleased so far. I'll deal with the new driving habits on the street for the peace of mind at the track.

Thanks for the install help guys
Old 04-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Glad you got that sucker in there. Yeah, lockers are fun on the street. After about 500 miles, it will loosen up a little and won't be as bad. I got to take mine to the track yesterday and it works great! Straight as an arrow. Once you get use to it take some of your buddies for a ride in it and watch the look on their face when it kicks to one side.