Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

need help re mod for gears, guys

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help re mod for gears, guys

Hi there, just joined the site this morning and now i'm in the forum I need to be in!!

My first official mod as owner is going to be GEARS. I have a couple other 'cosmetic' mods etc - like HID 10K 880's for fogs and then I have 8K for my low beams. ?? cat back, Borla etcbut I want to be able to talk about them without sounding retarded... lol

So here is my question on the GEARS project: What can you tell me about 3.73gm and 2800 Stall? Anything else I should consider?

Of course, like I said in my intro post - I will start off my mod festival with a Lifetime Dyno Tune... Gotta know what's happening

thanks a lot! your wisdom will be gladly & graciously accepted

I have had a WS6 before, but this time I'm taking it to the next level. I love to drive fast and pass cars, and I'm ready for more! I'm thrilled!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hanabi
Hi there, just joined the site this morning and now i'm in the forum I need to be in!!

My first official mod as owner is going to be GEARS. I have a couple other 'cosmetic' mods etc - like HID 10K 880's for fogs and then I have 8K for my low beams. ?? cat back, Borla etcbut I want to be able to talk about them without sounding retarded... lol

So here is my question on the GEARS project: What can you tell me about 3.73gm and 2800 Stall? Anything else I should consider?

Of course, like I said in my intro post - I will start off my mod festival with a Lifetime Dyno Tune... Gotta know what's happening

thanks a lot! your wisdom will be gladly & graciously accepted

I have had a WS6 before, but this time I'm taking it to the next level. I love to drive fast and pass cars, and I'm ready for more! I'm thrilled!
First thing to do: A search on this section about the life expectancy of a 10-bolt, its been discussed many times and will be an interesting read for You.

Carl
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM

Thumbs up "the life expectancy of a 10-bolt"

Thanks, Carl! I'm going to check it out now....
Attached Thumbnails need help re mod for gears, guys-t-rex-wash.jpg  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

3.73 + 3600-4k stall and she'll be getting out of her own way then.

3.73 4k below

Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with A4 ^ 100%. I am not sure why anyone would ever spend money on a stall that is below a 3500. Anything below that is not worth the money. They drive like stock and when you want to get out of the hole hard it does. For an A4 as mentioned above, a 4000 stall/3.73 gear combo is pretty wicked. If you plan on staying NA I would do that. No lower than a 3500 ever though.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
3.73 + 3600-4k stall and she'll be getting out of her own way then.

3.73 4k below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JduUk...VELa43G3_cw73w
oh YEA. HOT that was HOT thanks for sharing that vid man I gotta watch it again! Then take a shower!!!! AWESOME I am so there thanks again ,soon..... whooop!

Originally Posted by LS1T56FTW
I agree with A4 ^ 100%. I am not sure why anyone would ever spend money on a stall that is below a 3500. Anything below that is not worth the money. They drive like stock and when you want to get out of the hole hard it does. For an A4 as mentioned above, a 4000 stall/3.73 gear combo is pretty wicked. If you plan on staying NA I would do that. No lower than a 3500 ever though.
Bad ***! I am mos def gonna tweak my #'s because I don't want half-***. It is do it right, make it worth it or GTFO

OK. 4K it is, 3.73 gear. Decided!

It's a love affair. Namely me & my hot rod....
Attached Thumbnails need help re mod for gears, guys-i-did-.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yup...3.73s and 4k stall, you be amazed on how your your car goes from a pretty much stock feeling... to a tire frying beast. You WILL need some stickys tires to efficiently use this setup.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by justin hover
Yup...3.73s and 4k stall, you be amazed on how your your car goes from a pretty much stock feeling... to a tire frying beast. You WILL need some stickys tires to efficiently use this setup.
Like! THAT is super kewl.... Now I know *nothing* about stickys. Would anyone care to enlighten me, please/'??
Old 01-20-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stickys are up top in every section. Highlighted in yellow, with the word "sticky".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help re mod for gears, guys