Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Two part ? about spools

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two part ? about spools

I have broke my stock rear twice in the last three weeks and im tired of it so i have been thinking about two diffrent possibiltys.Both time it broke it was the posi unit first it was a torsen and next was Eaton.

First has anyone ran one in a stock rear?

Second Is Im thinking about doing a 8.8 and running a spool on the street. How bad is it to run in a weekend only car.Also going down the road about 70 is there any diffrences in changing lanes and drivabilty?
Old 04-19-2004, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll let you know i should be getting mine this week (4.10 8.8 with a spool). its going in my 100k mile daily driver.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll bet you wont be able to tell except for when making actual turns. i dought there is measureable wheel speed difference in the left and right while changing lanes.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A spool isnt bad if you arnt trying to drive the car like it doesnt have one, lane changes are fine, fast lane changes the car is a little reluctant to move over fast. As for corners they arent bad, just go SLOW and make wide corners, it just hops and chirps alot. I put 28" Hoosier QTPS on it and it makes going around corners SOOOO much better because the car has a softer sidewall that kinda gives. The only PITA is parking spots and tight corners in Parking lots and Drive throughs. And be sure to run some Big beefy axles to keep it from twisting the splines