Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What can I get a 3 channel carrier out of?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What can I get a 3 channel carrier out of?

Got a 94 z28 w/ 2.73s and auburn posi. The spider gears have let go, ring and pinion look ok, but from what I gather the spider gears are not replaceable. Just selling the car, so I'm not getting into any swaps or anything, cheap as possible is what i'm after, gonna hit the junkyard tomorrow. There are very few f-bodies in the yards around here, and they seem to be picked clean within hours. What else can I get a diff out of, S-10, caprice, maybe even a truck(theres tons of 90s pick ups there)? Here's the thing I don't even really care about posi, but I do want one with the 3 channel abs ring on it. Also would like to stick w/ 2.73s so speedo works right, suppose I could swap my gears onto the new diff if need be, but it'd have to be a 2 series carrier. Any idea what I'm looking for so I don't have to crawl under every vehicle there to look for the sensor?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Spline count is the big problem. F cars are typically 28 and most everything else is 26.

Quick Reply: What can I get a 3 channel carrier out of?