Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

If midwest chassis can't do this, no one can

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default If midwest chassis can't do this, no one can

I've been out of the game for a while, but maybe someone can help me out here (preferably someone who builds custom rears, but anybody who knows, please tell me if I'm chasing pipe dreams), would it be possible to take a big brake kit from kore3, for a 9inch or a 12bolt even (one with the parking brake provisions), and have it fitted to a fab 9inch rear that then gets bolted into my 99TA? I'm looking for anything that would make this physically impossible so that I can stop fantasizing. What do you guys think?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Sounds cool but you don't need big brakes in the rear on f-bodies. Spend the money on big brakes on the front. Most people that run autox and road courses go to weaker rear pads to avoid wheel hop issues etc etc. Definitely would look cool though if that is what you are after.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

I've heard that stock LS1 rear brakes are a little too powerful as-is, and that going to bigger brakes can be detrimental to road racing performance. With that in mind, I really can't stand the look of teeny tiny rotors and calipers inside of 18-19inch wheels, especially with huge brakes up front. Am i after improved performance, yes. However, I'm mostly after the look of big brakes all around.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We have setup rearends with KORE3, Corvette, Baer, Strange, Wilwood, even oem old style drum brakes. If it comes to rearends and suspension the answer is YES... MWC can do it!

The big picture is getting you a complete system that is correct for what you are doing, all the way down to the master cylinder.

Quick Reply: If midwest chassis can't do this, no one can