Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9 and bolt-in LCA brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Moser 9 and bolt-in LCA brackets?

I swear I read somewhere that I could use the normal 10 bolt, bolt-in LCA brackets on the Moser 9 housing... Right now it does not look like its going to work.... My vendor who I ordered my rear axle though did not give me the option to get the Moser factory installed LCA brackets.

Anybody got any ideas or answers for me?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

With a little grinding on the brackets they should work. That's a shame, the Moser LCA brackets are a no cost option. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Droptoplt1ta
I swear I read somewhere that I could use the normal 10 bolt, bolt-in LCA brackets on the Moser 9 housing... Right now it does not look like its going to work.... My vendor who I ordered my rear axle though did not give me the option to get the Moser factory installed LCA brackets.

Anybody got any ideas or answers for me?
We don't recommend the bolt-in LCA relocation brackets to be used with any aftermarket rear end option. The bolt-in LCA relocation brackets use the shock mount to locate the bracket and with the aftermarket rear ends the mount locations are not exactly the same as a 10 bolt so it throws everything off. You can try to make it work as a bolt-in setup but it will probably be difficult, now you can cut the shock mount off the bolt-in LCA relocation brackets and weld the brackets to the rear end like our weld-in LCA relocation brackets are done.

We definitely recommend that anyone who is purchasing an aftermarket rear end to have the relocation brackets welded on to the rear by the manufacturer. It is generally free or a very minimal charge and will make everything much easier.

Anybody looking for a rear end should get with Bob @ Brute Speed because he can get you set up with whatever rear end you are looking for. I have bought quite a few rear ends directly from him.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
We don't recommend the bolt-in LCA relocation brackets to be used with any aftermarket rear end option. The bolt-in LCA relocation brackets use the shock mount to locate the bracket and with the aftermarket rear ends the mount locations are not exactly the same as a 10 bolt so it throws everything off. You can try to make it work as a bolt-in setup but it will probably be difficult, now you can cut the shock mount off the bolt-in LCA relocation brackets and weld the brackets to the rear end like our weld-in LCA relocation brackets are done.

We definitely recommend that anyone who is purchasing an aftermarket rear end to have the relocation brackets welded on to the rear by the manufacturer. It is generally free or a very minimal charge and will make everything much easier.

Anybody looking for a rear end should get with Bob @ Brute Speed because he can get you set up with whatever rear end you are looking for. I have bought quite a few rear ends directly from him.
Thanks Kyle, I appreciate it. Bob

Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
With a little grinding on the brackets they should work. Bob
Could you please chime in with the areas, points, locations where I should be grinding?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Droptoplt1ta
Could you please chime in with the areas, points, locations where I should be grinding?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!
You'll have to hold them up there and see where they have to be ground. With the bolt in style, I would get them welded in once you have them installed. Bob

Quick Reply: Moser 9 and bolt-in LCA brackets?