Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

best gears and stall for my set up

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best gears and stall for my set up

I'm getting the Ai 200cc package done to my lt1 heads. Going to get forged pistons and ARP bolts for the bottom. I plan to keep the stock crank. I might upgrade the rods too though. I'm planning on getting the Ai 228/234 108 LSA cam but am also considering the 234/242 110 LSA cam. Not too sure on which one yet. I also plan on getting the S60 rear. What I'm not sure of yet is what the best gears and stall would be for this. It will be my street/track car not a daily driver. So on the gears 3.73, 3.90, or 4.10? And the stall I've been thinking between and Yank SS 3600 or 4000. Opinions?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting the correct stall first try can be challenging at best. I would get the 4000 stall and specify You want to pay for one re-stall when necessary. Some converter companies provide this with the cost of the new converter.

On the S60 the 3.90 gear ratio is not available due to quality issues with that gear set. I would go the 4.10 ratio, it is a great gear set and provides excellent performance.

I can also help You with Your suspension through UMI or BMR and AFCO or Strange shocks and springs.

With many years experience building street rods to 7 second door cars and the finest customer service in the industry You will be glad You called Central Racing Parts.

Read all the reviews You will agree!

Thank You,
Carl

Quick Reply: best gears and stall for my set up