Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Would you be Worried??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would you be Worried??

New center came in today....with the yoke broke through the cardboard box.

I'm worried it's going to whine due to the wrong tolerances/lash on the gears now. Must have dropped it pretty hard to mall a billet yoke.

Thoughts?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

it will always be in the back of your mind what happened, but unless it was dropped from more then 4 feet in the air and landed on solid cement, well even that wouldnt change the tolerances in the bearings, so all will be OK sept its gonna bother you untill you run it, then you will probably forget about it! you can ask to get it replaced but you know where thats gonna go.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

if a built 9 inch center section can handle 1000 horsepower launches and not change tolerances i wouldnt think that could but it would be in the back of my head till i drove it.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't like to see that when I get my new rear either! I mean these things are not cheap and to see ANY damage on your new 3,000 plus dollar rear isn't easy on your mind. To me it's like buying a new corvette only to pick it up with a dent, will the car function sure will but there it is a damaged product! Hope others look at it this way for you. Shipping insurance? Good luck!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

I do not think it would hurt anything, but you might want to make a complaint just in case. My guess is the company you bought it from is going to tell you to either make a claim with the carrier or they are going to say something like you accepted it with the ripped box so you lose.

That mark is pretty small. Had it been dropped from a high height, you would see more damage than what you have.

Quick Reply: Would you be Worried??