Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ujoint install help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ujoint install help

I've installed quite a few ujoints in the past. The factory ones had nylon molded around the caps in the channel. I have removed all of that. But I have never seen this setup and cannot figure out how I am supposed to install the ujoint with the clip. If I put the clip on the cap it won't fit in the driveshaft hole. If I put the clip in the driveshaft the ujoint cap can't make it past the clip. Most ujoints have the clip on the outside but not these. Help hehe

Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Assemble it first, then do the clips:

Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

So the factory grooves are not for the new clips? That makes allot more sense. I was thinking I had to use the factory groove hehe.

Thanks!!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Assemble then clip. However it can still be a very tight fit. You may have to clip one side, then press on the joint a tad to get enough of the opposite groove exposed to get the adjacent clip in. They are generally a pain in the butt.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Assemble then clip. However it can still be a very tight fit. You may have to clip one side, then press on the joint a tad to get enough of the opposite groove exposed to get the adjacent clip in. They are generally a pain in the butt.
My car deffinetly didn't need them but since I have the driveshaft out I might as well swap them. I'm going to finish it up today.

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Ujoint install help