Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange s60 aluminum girdle

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange s60 aluminum girdle

I have a strange s60 rear for about 2 years now and am tired of the chrome cover leaking. Is there a replacement aluminum cover or girdle that seals better without leaking for a 1998 z28?
Old 12-16-2013, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several choices available, You have to watch the clearance closely. Strange does not guarantee its going to clear. I have several customer using this one...
http://centralracingparts.com/index....product_id=499

so far no clearance issues but be aware if it rubs it could be dangerous and there will be no refund.

Have You used the traditional socket and ball peen hammer method on the bolt holes?

Carl
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl at CRP
There are several choices available, You have to watch the clearance closely. Strange does not guarantee its going to clear. I have several customer using this one...
http://centralracingparts.com/index....product_id=499

so far no clearance issues but be aware if it rubs it could be dangerous and there will be no refund.

Have You used the traditional socket and ball peen hammer method on the bolt holes?

Carl
Thanks Carl. I did try that and it did not work. I will take a look at my clearance and most likely buy this cover.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been running the cover shown in the link since my rear was new. Zero leaking issues.

Quick Reply: Strange s60 aluminum girdle