Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Just Got My MOSER 9" and Have a install Question!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got My MOSER 9" and Have a install Question!! HELP

Well I finally got my 9" in from Moser, and I am assembling it and swapping all the parts from my 10 bolt over (caliper brakets, brake lines, sway bar brackets...etc) First off the instructions that I got SUCK...I must be missing a sheet or something.....My problem has to do with intalling the axles into the housing and securing them.. I can't seem to undertand how I will be able to install the nuts onto the t-bolts once I have the caliper bracket and parking brake slid on the tube and the bearing/press sleeve pressed on..It appears to me that there will be no room once the bearing is pressed on, to actually thread and tighten the nuts to retain the axle (the bolts that attach the caliper bracket/parking brake assembly to the housing....does this even make sense....am I missing something??? HELP

Last edited by stangman50; 05-10-2004 at 11:33 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you arent missing anything, there is not a lot of room but you will be able to get the nuts on and tighten them with an open end wrench. Just make sure to put the bearings on the right way and put the correct caliper mount on the correct axle, left and right are a different length.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Default which axle is longer??

I am at work right now, brought my axles, bearings, and caliper brakets...but no housing (it's at home)...I brought them so I could press them on, but need to know which axle is longer , passenger (right) or driver (left)???? Anyone know? thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LH (driver) side is the shorter axle
Old 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Launching!

The e-brake shoe will slide left to right and give you a litle more room. I pull the t-bolt back a little , put the nut against it then push the t-bolt all the way and sandwich the nut between the bolt and the TCS ring. I'm good at it now
Old 05-11-2004, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

hey... I messed that up and posted up a while ago.. Search for my screen name and you should be all set

not much room in there... ohh and the "t" part faces the pumpkin (messed that up too.. don't ask)