Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

New rear end soon - What kind of studs to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New rear end soon - What kind of studs to get?

I'm getting a new rear end (haven't decided which yet), but I have no idea what kind of studs to get. I want to be able to put my stock chrome 10 spokes on for cruising the streets and do slicks and skinnys at the track. Right now the car is making around 400 flywheel hp, but it is a built low compression motor that is waiting on a HS turbo kit that has 1000+ hp potential. I want to do the rear end once and do it right, so what should I get for studs? Thanks.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by enginjoe
I'm getting a new rear end (haven't decided which yet), but I have no idea what kind of studs to get. I want to be able to put my stock chrome 10 spokes on for cruising the streets and do slicks and skinnys at the track. Right now the car is making around 400 flywheel hp, but it is a built low compression motor that is waiting on a HS turbo kit that has 1000+ hp potential. I want to do the rear end once and do it right, so what should I get for studs? Thanks.
Call Burkhart chassis they will hook you up ..
Old 05-24-2014, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

At minimum if since you plan to drag it go with 3" long 1/2 studs. You'll need to get some open end lug nuts for your stock wheels. I got mine from a guy on ebay called 'the lug nut king', fast shipping and great price.

You should give Carl at CRP a call on the rear end choice. If you intend to drag race with 1000hp that's spool territory.The Strange S60 is really nice.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really don't want to cruise the streets with a spool, but a locker or a wavetrac are the only other options...
Old 05-24-2014, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Do some research on the T56 with a Detroit Locker, not a good combo. The play in the locker messes with the synchros in the T56 and makes for bad shifting.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Going auto before locker if I do that.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Hi Joe,

There are quite a few options available with the S60 that are no additional cost. Choosing the best options for a particular application is something I enjoy helping customers with.

Please give Me a call, I will provide all the time necessary to match Your car with the proper combination for the rear end.

Thank You,
Carl

Quick Reply: New rear end soon - What kind of studs to get?