Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

need rear end opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need rear end opinions

Im torn between getting a stange s60, strange 12 bolt, moser 9 inch or quick performance 9 inch.

Im turboing a stock bottom end 5.3 in my 99 z28. Its going to have a built th350 along with it. I want best bang for and want something thats going to hold up to 800 hp
Old 10-01-2014, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a very simple decision... MWC fabricated 9 inch!

The Strange S60 is a great rearend as well, but there are drawbacks of limited gear choices and it is the heaviest rearend of all aftermarket rears. Very good value rearend though.

The Moser 9 inch is ok, but has limited options and missing some things that should be standard features on a "bolt-in" rearend. You will have torque arm tunnel clearance issues as well, even at stock ride height.

If you are going to race the car at all I would stay away from the 12 bolt.

Best thing for you to do is give us a call and we can go over all the options on all of the rearends, discuss what is the best thing for your needs and budget. We are a direct dealer for Strange and Moser, and we manufacture the most popular MWC fabricated 9" rearend package. Whatever you decide MWC guarantees the lowest prices on any rearend you want, we will beat any other quote you get!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
If you are going to race the car at all I would stay away from the 12 bolt.
Ditto on the 12 bolt Moser. Have had mine for years and have hated it for years. It's toast now and I'm only pushing 450bwhp. Hate the damn thing... can't say that enough.

Quick Reply: need rear end opinions