Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake

I've seen a lot of threads with people asking how much can be taken off without mini tubs or anything but no threads talking about guys with wolfe mini tubs, wolfe 2.5" spring mount, and completely removed the e brake and bracket.

So with all that stuff out the way how far can I go. I'm running Hoosier 325s now but they hit the fender so I want to get a new set of welds to tuck them but I'm already at a 7.5" backspace so I have to shorten the rear. While I'm at it I want to go as short as I can get it
Old 11-20-2014, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc803
I've seen a lot of threads with people asking how much can be taken off without mini tubs or anything but no threads talking about guys with wolfe mini tubs, wolfe 2.5" spring mount, and completely removed the e brake and bracket.

So with all that stuff out the way how far can I go. I'm running Hoosier 325s now but they hit the fender so I want to get a new set of welds to tuck them but I'm already at a 7.5" backspace so I have to shorten the rear. While I'm at it I want to go as short as I can get it
i would say -3 inches on each side i would call chuck at burkhart chassis he will hook you up!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-photo-26-.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 08:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc803

Tubs or no tubs, the amount you narrow doesn't mean a whole lot. If you are looking to move the wheel in a bit from it's current location then we change up the difference in the wheel backspace compared to the narrowed amount.

The most common narrow is 3 each side, and run a 15x10 with 4.5 backspace. With the MWC fabricated 9 inch rearend we can narrow the housing up to 5-6 inches each side.

Give us a call if you are looking into a new rearend and wheels for your ride. We have the most popular 9" rearend and the best prices!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics of a buddy of mine and my setup. Both are the same.

4.5" on each side IIRC.
Tires on my car are 12.5" ET streets(really 10.5")
He has a MT radial. I think 295/55-15

Didn't even need to roll the lips on my car, but had to cut out the bump stop and some BFH. Both have stock wheel wells.

Both setups done by MWC.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_1590.jpg   Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_1589.jpg   Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_1588.jpg   Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_2873.jpg   Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_3165.png  

Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake-img_1639.jpg  

Quick Reply: Whats the most rear can be shortened with mini tubs and no e brake