Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear ends shifted over an inch

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ends shifted over an inch

Noticed my rear ends shifter over an inch or so to the pass side. Looks like the wheels are pointed slightly to the drivers side. Tried to search for info but didnt' see much.

When I glanced at the rear end before purchase, looked like orange paint on the rear like it was a junkyard part, and had some new bushings around it.

Is this common or is my frame bent etc? LOL

Car is bone stock etc for the muffler.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It shifted to the side because of your panhard bar. The stock one is solid, and non adjustable so unless it is bent or a bolt fell out shouldn't have shifted. But see if previous owner put and adjustable one on there....the adjustment nuts might have came loose and shifted. This is common if they did not loctite the jamb nuts.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Ok gonna go look it over better. My muffler has a huge dent in it.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Teching In

I think I misjudged it. the bumper side bracket by the wheel is crinkled under there and makes the wheel look like it's sticking out. And the pass side lower skirt corner is busted off making it look like the wheel is slid in LOL

I was stressin there for a bit thinking the rear was slid over and tearing itself up, since there was a junkyard rear on there. Thanks for the help Undertow (Love that album BTW)

Quick Reply: Rear ends shifted over an inch