Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

replaced axle but still wobbles.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced axle but still wobbles.

So my car was wrecked a while back and i had a bad wobble in the rear, put the car on jack stands and noticed that one of the axles were bent.. Idea was that i could replace the rear axle and everything would go back the way it was before but unfortunately the car still wobbles. My question is might there be anything else that i would need to replace in the rearend to prevent that or could it be possible that the axle i put in was also bent??? Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

take the wheels tires to tire shop spin on balancer that will tellya if bent wheels. other than that get an alignment guy look at it, they can tell if rears out of wack. rear housing could be bent making it wobble/jump.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How easily did the axle install? the axle tube might be bent and causing the axle to have a wobble when installed. Run the car on stands with rear wheels off and see if you can see the flange moving. If not you have other issues.

Quick Reply: replaced axle but still wobbles.