Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

12 bolt moser

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt moser

Whats up, just wanted to see if anyone had any info to share or if anyone has input on swapping rear ends or if you've done this. I have a 99 WS6 with 3-channel ABS and have the opportunity to get my hands on a 4-channel 12 bolt off a 02 WS6. I just want to know what it is i need to do to have this work out and still be able to use my ABS. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Unless you can live without ABS, I'd skip this rear. A 12 bolt rear with ABS has an reluctor ring installed for the ABS, plus the electric connection in the top of the housing. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Im only asking because I'm getting this for like really really cheap because my friend is buying the 02 WS6 and he said he will give me the 12 bolt since I'm going to be putting in a different engine and i know the 10 bolt won't hold up. The 12 bolt is brand new and he doesn't want it because he's staying stock. I'm positive i can't afford a brand new one myself so I'm just looking for a way to keep my ABS and no lights on the dash.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

I've been living without the rear ABS hooked up since 2005. Moser 12 bolt. Only because it wasn't drilled for it. I have the ring and might drill it for the sensor one day. If you can get it super cheap why not. It's a better rear than the stock 10bolt.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Nice, how is it without the ABS? Yeah like you said the 12 is way better than the 10 bolt, its like a ticking time bomb haha.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

I have no issues. Car still stops as fast as I need it to. I don't have any issues of lock up either. ABS is a good driving aid. But it's not a deal breaker. And you will have the ABS inop light on obviously.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tillery
I have no issues. Car still stops as fast as I need it to. I don't have any issues of lock up either. ABS is a good driving aid. But it's not a deal breaker. And you will have the ABS inop light on obviously.
I've never liked ABS myself, I prefer threshold braking. Remove the bezel and the ABS light can be painted black, bulb removed or black tape put over it. Bob

Old 02-10-2015, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Yea with better rotors and pad choices now and tires. Cars today can brake harder. Plus many of us run a drag setup that it makes it useless. I went with a Moser 12 bolt cause strange was to long of a wait. I got the 33 splined Tru track at the time. Still running it. With the Moser you should look into getting a "bushing" when installing the TQ arm. Moser is tapped for 1/2 bolts and Tq arms are a 14mm I think. So it leaves it loose to where the bolts come loose or break. I made my own many years ago and never had a problem of bolts coming loose or breaking a Tq arm. I think UMI finally came up with a bushing/bolt kit.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tillery
Yea with better rotors and pad choices now and tires. Cars today can brake harder. Plus many of us run a drag setup that it makes it useless. I went with a Moser 12 bolt cause strange was to long of a wait. I got the 33 splined Tru track at the time. Still running it. With the Moser you should look into getting a "bushing" when installing the TQ arm. Moser is tapped for 1/2 bolts and Tq arms are a 14mm I think. So it leaves it loose to where the bolts come loose or break. I made my own many years ago and never had a problem of bolts coming loose or breaking a Tq arm. I think UMI finally came up with a bushing/bolt kit.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/UMI-2998-...-02-F-Body.htm

You're correct, here is the link to the kit from UMI. Bob

Old 02-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Now I have never been able to attempt this myself but if you really want ABS then it might be worth a shot.

What you can do is either purchase a 4 channel ABS harness that goes from the body to the rear or extend your original 3 channel harness. It needs to be able to reach the drivers side wheel and plug into the existing ABS sensor. Basically if you look at the wiring schematic, you need sensor feedback from the circuit that goes to the center section on a 3 channel car which is the same circuit that connects to the drivers wheel on a 4 channel.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

I'm actually doing the opposite lol I have a 3 channel moser 12 bolt but I have the 4 channel harness maybe we can trade?

Quick Reply: 12 bolt moser