Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Dyno difference between S60 and 9"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Not really all that cheap either, unless you have mad fabrication skills and can put one together on your own. The hawks 8.8 is like 3k out the door...
Parts are parts all cost similar unless you are using used everything which nothing is wrong with that but used is used and not a fan of using used gears especially if you don't want to risk gear noise.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
Parts are parts all cost similar unless you are using used everything which nothing is wrong with that but used is used and not a fan of using used gears especially if you don't want to risk gear noise.
Right, there have been a few people on here who built their own junkyard 8.8's for under $1k, but if you want all new parts, you've got to pay to play.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Right, there have been a few people on here who built their own junkyard 8.8's for under $1k, but if you want all new parts, you've got to pay to play.
I personally would rather pay for a new 12 bolt. I'd rather buy the right part the first time than have to revisit. The Hawks 8.8 is the same cost as a Strange 12 bolt... for me I'd rather go with the Strange.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

The mwc fab 9 is actually very cost effective. You can just buy the base housing if you want but it comes with a tq arm....long or short, the cross member to bolt it in and new axles for about $1400. You could then source a used 3rd member for 200-400 and then you have a hell of a rear. Very decent deal imo.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jhshnh
I personally would rather pay for a new 12 bolt. I'd rather buy the right part the first time than have to revisit. The Hawks 8.8 is the same cost as a Strange 12 bolt... for me I'd rather go with the Strange.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The mwc fab 9 is actually very cost effective. You can just buy the base housing if you want but it comes with a tq arm....long or short, the cross member to bolt it in and new axles for about $1400. You could then source a used 3rd member for 200-400 and then you have a hell of a rear. Very decent deal imo.
Very true! If you're coming from a completely stock package as I am, the MWC rear with all of it's accessories while not a screaming deal is marginally more, and you get IMO a better product. If you already have a TA, LCAs, watt's link and stuff then maybe not.

Quick Reply: Dyno difference between S60 and 9"?