Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking to Get 3.73s

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking to Get 3.73s

Hey all. Looking to get some 3.73s into my car. I see a master install kit on Texas Speed that also includes a girdle; the brand is Ratech. Its $500 which is a bit pricey but so is the muscle car game. Sold separately I will also be buying a pinion bearing spacer. Is this a good brand to go with and a good kit? Or is there something better out there I should be buying? The tuner I'm going with is out of the country at the moment and taking a while to reply so I figured I'd get weigh in here and see if anyone has had good/bad experiences or something better to recommend.

Yes it is a 10 bolt and yes I'm keeping it. I'm an auto and don't see the track much so I'm not worried about shattering it. 50k miles and never beat on so I have faith in its integrity for now. Just looking to get some more get up and go and not worried about the top speed as I never really go above 80 on a regular basis.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I literally put 3:73's in my M^ Trans AM last week.

I bought the GM Motive gears for $187, and bought the install kit for $85. With gear oil thats all that is needed, but I also bought the TA performance cover for another $155. Thats just over $425 from the WS6Store.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Is the performance cover the same thing as a girdle? I definitely want that and pinion bearing spacers too. That's a better price than TSP but would like to make sure I'm getting the same stuff or better.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyofblades
Is the performance cover the same thing as a girdle? I definitely want that and pinion bearing spacers too. That's a better price than TSP but would like to make sure I'm getting the same stuff or better.
Yes the cover is also called a girdle
Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Got the install kit and gears from ws6store (Motive). Ordered gear oil too. A buddy of mine and I are taking a road trip to get tuned and gears installed on my car next Friday, where the tuner will supply an LPW girdle. Should be fun! The extra acceleration will be appreciated and make this boat move. Stopping shouldn't be an issue either as I just ordered 4-piston ctsv brembos. Thanks for the input guys!

Quick Reply: Looking to Get 3.73s